PhD and post-doc students: apply now for residential scholarships at Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice
The Fondazione Giorgio Cini, Venice offers residential scholarships to Italian and international PhDs and post-doc students (who must not be over 40 years old on 10 March 2018) wishing to further their studies of Italian culture – especially that of the Veneto – with an interdisciplinary approach in one of the following fields: early printed books, art history, literature, music, drama, Venetian history and comparative cultures and spiritualities.
Each scholarship is worth 3,100 euros (gross sum) and accommodation free of charge for 3 months at the Vittore Branca Center Residence in the period May 2018 – May 2019.
The scholarships are offered with the support of Fondazione di Venezia.
HOW TO APPLY AND SELECTION
Candidates should send their scholarship application, complete with the required documents (see below), by registered post or courier to:
Fondazione Giorgio Cini onlus
Secretariat – Vittore Branca Center
for the Study of Italian Culture
Island of San Giorgio Maggiore
Applications must be sent by March 10, 2018 with the following enclosed documents:
- degree certificate(s) with marks for individual exams, or an equivalent or superior qualification – printed document;
- a copy of a degree dissertation (for PhD students) or doctorate thesis (for post-doctorate researchers) and copies of any other relevant academic works – saved on CD ROM, DVD or USB pen;
- curriculum vitae, including knowledge of languages, and authorization to handle private data according to Italian Legislative Decree 196/2003 – printed document;
- research topic and a description (around 1,500 words) of the study program that the candidate will follow, specifying aims, time scale, and materials and documents to be consulted at the Fondazione Giorgio Cini – printed document;
- 3 reference letters from professors and scholars who supervise or have supervised the candidate (NB the letters shall be originals printed on headed notepaper of the relevant university or institution).
- In case of need, reference letters could also be shipped separately to the Vittore Branca