First in your family to attend University? Join the NYLON cultural exchange!
Call for 1st or 2nd year creatives!
NYLON is a cultural exchange programme linking scholars from the Shawn Carter Foundation in New York and students from University of the Arts London. Working with designers from Vault 49 – creative design agency based in New York – the aim of the exchange is to diversify student experiences by giving you the opportunity to explore brand new creative territories. Continuing the legacy of building and providing educational, cultural and creative opportunities for students in New York and London, the NYLON exchange will once again take place in July 2018.
- First in your family to go to university
- 1st or 2nd year UK students
- Commitment of 4 months attending workshops once a week at LCC (March/April start date) – with the final two weeks of the project on a full time basis (details to be confirmed)
After the workshops, all students will;
- Have an industry recognised portfolio (or the beginnings of one)
- Display effective communication skills with high levels of literacy
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of how creative businesses operate and business language
- Be able to apply for jobs and internships successfully – produce a CV, match skills, sell yourself and be confident at articulating skills and abilities to employers
- Showcase social skills (that employers identify) including the ability to work in teams, understanding the importance of customer care, use initiative etc.
For more information on the project, please email Suzette La Pierre – firstname.lastname@example.org